It’s not a surprise when a scientist is surprised. That’s what happens when she is doing her job properly. To explore, to follow hunches, to see the landscape and plot a new course. Setting yourself up to be surprised is a conscious choice.
from Seth Godin 📕
- For the last five hundred years, the best way to succeed has been t...
- understand that the path is neither short nor easy. That means you ...
- The hard part is distinguishing between quitting because the resist...
- Volunteering to do emotional labor—even when you don’t feel like it...
- If your organization wanted to replace you with someone far better ...
- View all
- What would it look like if we could ask, "how do I make this t...from John Cutler from The Beautiful Mess
- To exchange one orthodoxy for another is not necessarily an advance...from orwell.ru
- I used to be an investment banker, and I enjoy reading profiles of ...from Matt Levine
- as the ecotheologian Thomas Berry has written, "we must say of...from Robin Wall Kimmerer
- My favorite observation from The Phoenix Project by Gene Kim, Kevin...from Will Larson
- The lesson is that, for those of us who live online, having a simpl...from ongoing by Tim Bray
- You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence i...from Robert M. Pirsig
- **THE PRIORITIZATION MATRIX** All of the projects and activities o...from review.firstround.com