In the lab or studio, the hardest question to answer is What shall we build? What shall we?
The most energizing question for engineers usually comes after this shall bit. They want to rush to: How do we build it? Or even: What can we build with the stuff we’ve got? They want to minimize the talking and get to the build itself, wrangling with code or laser cutters or 3D printing.
playing the believing game - by Sara Hendren
- Remember kids, the only difference between fooling around and scien...from Hacker News
- much of science is straightforward, logical, almost rote. It's ...from apenwarr
- there have been many experiments running rats through all kinds of ...from Gwern Branwen
- The fact that this slight change in study design yielded opposite r...from Katelyn Jetelina and Kristen Panthagani, MD, PhD from Your Local Epidemiologist
- **Every change in scale is also a learning experience.** In the phy...from Jack Cheng
- **Every change in medium is a learning experience.** Paint and clay...from Jack Cheng
- In this process, we figure out the most comfortable beautiful and c...from Jack Cheng
- The Field of Centers analysis is a way of mapping out what has a st...from Jack Cheng