The priority of circulation is another of those modern, convenience-mindset things. We run freeways through cities, carving up existing communities – structure-destroying transformations, per the Alexandrian coinage. We think about car access before thinking about making beautiful public spaces.
With this alternative process, it’s not that you ignore pathways and hallways altogether, just that you focus on the existing centers and the life in them first, rather than the other way around. The spaces we inhabit should not come as an afterthought, should not be a byproduct of our movements.
Noted about Studio Project #3: A House for Oneself
from Jack Cheng
- Original layout !(https://www.joelsimon.net/imgs/evo_plans/resul...from joelsimon.net
- If you look at a [Greek temple](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parth...from Samuel Hughes
- **Every change in scale is also a learning experience.** In the phy...from Jack Cheng
- **Every change in medium is a learning experience.** Paint and clay...from Jack Cheng
- All buildings are predictions. All predictions are wrong. Most buil...from Stewart Brand
- The room is architected for discussions and decisions, not just vis...from Interconnected
- traditional arch bridges were built by first having a wood framing ...from Ferd.ca
- Today, nearly 150 years later, burglary and architecture still go h...from Geoff Manaugh