Mediocre computing is computing that aims for parity with mediocre human performance in a realish domains where notions of excellence are ill-posed.
Excellent computing is computing that aims to surpass the best-performing humans in stylized, closed-world domains where notions of excellence are well-posed.
Fwd: The Dawn of Mediocre Computing
from Josh Beckman ✉️
- More things than you would think are dynamic strategic problems. If...from marcelo.rinesi
- To quote McLuhan: "Man becomes, as it were, the sex organs of ...from ycombinator.com
- It is funny to imagine an end state here in which markets are entir...from Matt Levine
- As these stories pop up people act like they’re an incredible marve...from Garbage Day
- But you can already see the idea of a “prompt” evolving into someth...from Ryan Broderick
- the tech am I digging recently is a software framework called **Lan...from Interconnected
- We’re building apps to surround and harness AI, but we need microsc...from Interconnected
- > Just imagine if we rewound the clock back to 2016 and we were ...from Frank Lantz