You are approaching this like an established natural sciences field where old classics = good. This is not true for ML. ML is developing and evolving quickly.
Ask HN: What are the foundational texts for learning about AI/ML/NN?
- In World War II, the story goes, the British invented a new kind of...from Atoms vs Bits
- It is known that, when we learn or train in something, we pass thro...from wikipedia.org
- While there is so much focus on education, the bottleneck for flour...from Simon Sarris
- But here is his best line: > Taleb had been busy. He had alread...from Matt Levine
- The point is, it doesn’t matter what you read, what matters is how ...from Noam Chomsky
- **Design an obstacle course, not a syllabus.** One thing that we ha...from Post-Industrial Design School
- That was where I caught the connection between a college education ...from George Horace Lorimer
- [Athletes and musicians pursue virtuosity in fundamental skills muc...from Andyʼs working notes