The most effective communication within an organization is between peers or between managers and their direct team. Your technology strategy is best communicated in a written document. The clearest plan is tracked in a ticket tracker or a document. None of these ideal approaches are large meetings, which isn’t too surprising: large meetings are rarely the best communication solution for any particular goal. However, they are a remarkably effective backup solution when there are gaps in your default approaches.
Meetings for an effective eng organization.
from Irrational Exuberance
- You can give yourself back time by leaving meetings gracefully. Sa...from Josh Beckman
- The optimal amount of meetings is not zero, even if you work alone....from Matt Levine
- the real sign of malorganization is when people spend more than 25%...from Andrew S. Grove
- two basic kinds of meetings: - process-oriented meeting, knowledge ...from Andrew S. Grove
- Anyone who spends about a half day per week as a member of a planni...from Andrew S. Grove