• λ: arrival rate. This measures how fast new items are coming into the queue.
• μ: service rate. This measures how fast items in the queue are being handled.
• σ: dropout rate. This measures how fast items are skipping out the queue unhandled. Queuing theory notation
- The `io_uring` interface works through two main data structures: th...from Glauber Costa
- as devices get extremely fast, interrupt-driven work is no longer a...from Glauber Costa
- The Queuing Rule of Thumb (QROT) is a mathematical formula, known a...from wikipedia.org
- As we think about it this way, we realize that the closer ⍴ gets to...from brooker.co.za
- We can then define the Utilization of the server (calling it ⍴ for ...from brooker.co.za