The most important notation that summarizes a queue:
• ρ: utilization ratio = λ / μ
• ρ = 1 means the arrival rate is equal to the service rate; the queue is staying the same size.
• ρ > 1 means the arrival rate is greater than the service rate; the queue is getting larger.
• ρ < 1 means the arrival rate is less than the service rate; the queue is getting smaller.
- The `io_uring` interface works through two main data structures: th...from Glauber Costa
- as devices get extremely fast, interrupt-driven work is no longer a...from Glauber Costa
- The Queuing Rule of Thumb (QROT) is a mathematical formula, known a...from wikipedia.org
- As we think about it this way, we realize that the closer ⍴ gets to...from brooker.co.za
- We can then define the Utilization of the server (calling it ⍴ for ...from brooker.co.za