That was where I caught the connection between a college education and business. I’ve always made it a rule to buy brains, and I’ve learned now that the better trained they are the faster they find reasons for getting their salaries raised. The fellow who hasn’t had the training may be just as smart, but he’s apt to paw the air when he’s reaching for ideas.
Letters from a Self-Made Merchant to His Son Being the Letters written by John Graham, Head of the House of Graham & Company, Pork-Packers in Chicago, … known to his intimates as "Piggy."
from George Horace Lorimer 📕
- In World War II, the story goes, the British invented a new kind of...from Atoms vs Bits
- It is known that, when we learn or train in something, we pass thro...from wikipedia.org
- While there is so much focus on education, the bottleneck for flour...from Simon Sarris
- But here is his best line: > Taleb had been busy. He had alread...from Matt Levine
- The point is, it doesn’t matter what you read, what matters is how ...from Noam Chomsky
- **Design an obstacle course, not a syllabus.** One thing that we ha...from Post-Industrial Design School
- Athletes and musicians pursue virtuosity in fundamental skills much...from Andyʼs working notes
- I used to start my lecture on dictionaries in Python by explaining ...from The Third Bit