Premium mediocre is the finest bottle of wine at Olive Garden. Premium mediocre is cupcakes and froyo. Premium mediocre is “truffle” oil on anything (no actual truffles are harmed in the making of “truffle” oil), and extra-leg-room seats in Economy. Premium mediocre is cruise ships, artisan pizza, Game of Thrones, and The Bellagio.
Premium mediocre is food that Instagrams better than it tastes.
Premium mediocre is Starbucks’ Italian names for drink sizes, and its original pumpkin spice lattes featuring a staggering absence of pumpkin in the preparation. Actually all the coffee at Starbucks is premium mediocre. I like it anyway.
The Premium Mediocre Life of Maya Millennial
from Venkatesh Rao
- Erysichthon’s dominionist hubris may be how we got to this climate ...from Field Notes from Christopher Brown
- A bay is a noun only if water is dead. When bay is a noun, it is de...from Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Among our Potawatomi people, there are public names and true names....from Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Nobody is going to turn down getting their eyes scanned by a chrome...from Matt Levine
- The essence of the gift is that it creates a set of relationships. ...from Robin Wall Kimmerer
- in the U.S., there’s a false idea that certain choices around food ...from Alicia Kennedy
- I used to try and weed my lawn a whole hell of a lot and pull the w...from ferd.ca
- Cultural umami is the vague sense that yes, for some reason, it is....from nemesis.global