The unit of blogging isn’t pageviews, it’s conversations. Don’t worry about how many people will see it - sure you might post it in your feeds (why not) but the REAL MAGIC of the riff is deliberately sending it to people.
This idea is deeply internalized in riffs - so much that I typically write a riff with one specific person in mind. Just like Steinbeck's advice to write for a single audience.
Writing, Riffs & Relationships
- I realised that writing isn’t about beating the competition, or bei...from James Stanier
- Remember kids, the only difference between fooling around and scien...from Hacker News
- Another useful concept is [The Death of the Author](https://en.wiki...from ferd.ca
- “How does writing help you think?” “That is a good question,” he sa...from Ted Chiang
- But here is his best line: > Taleb had been busy. He had alread...from Matt Levine
- I’ve been thinking of a kind of article I commonly write: 1. Here...from Hillel Wayne
- To write about something hard to explain, write a detailed letter t...from startupy
- With more education, more and more people want to be published. Mor...from Gabriel Zaid and Natasha Wimmer