The gag is that we know the answer.
Could infinite monkeys eventually write the complete works of Shakespeare?
Yes, because we are the monkeys, and one of us monkeys was called Shakespeare, and he did indeed write the complete works, by tautological definition, and it didn’t take an infinity of monkeys, it took approx 94 billion, that being the number of humans who had ever lived till 1650, and it didn’t take an eternity but only 190,000 years.
An infinite number of monkeys eventually wrote this blog post
- In his paper [The Theory of Graceful Extensibility: Basic rules tha...from Lorin Hochstein
- This scavenging in the SaaS landscape is how people express agency ...from Maggie Appleton
- Folk interfaces are when users reappropriate existing software to s...from Maggie Appleton
- “Their sensory volume increased, since light travels farther in air...from Blake Crouch
- It’s a nice fantasy to think about future singularity. But that’s j...from nautil.us