Infrastructure undergirds society; failures of it are a per se emergency. Anyone who cheers an infrastructure failure because of the first order consequences of it will find themselves negatively surprised.
Banking in very uncertain times
from Bits about Money
- You can buy a bank’s attention to bespoke needs by bringing it depo...
- Regulators then heard the numbers, did a bit of modeling in Excel, ...
- The three bank runs which already happened had idiosyncratic causes...
- The decision to sharply manage down the price of eggs was, indirect...
- All prices embed an interest rate derivative [[Banking in very unc...
- when interest rates rise, all asset prices must fall [[Banking in ...
- View all
- If all the burghers of Small Town USA get together and say “we want...from Matt Levine
- The only good advice I have here is to re-evaluate your metrics oft...from ferd.ca
- This, from last week, is [one of the best stories you’ll ever read]...from Matt Levine
- The law states that any circulating currency consisting of both &qu...from en.wikipedia.org
- But to tear down a factory or to revolt against a government or to ...from Robert M. Pirsig
- Every so often the US government thinks about defaulting on its deb...from Matt Levine
- Often, in making edits to a work: The ego comes in, saying: I wante...from Rick Rubin
- Thompson’s argument in that post is that Silicon Valley used to be ...from Matt Levine