Every change in scale is also a learning experience. In the physical world, you can’t just drag-to-scale like you can with software. It’s not just a matter of recreating the same thing only bigger. Jumping from a 1/4-scale model to the full-size clay panel required larger carving tools, different hand movements. You have to adjust the full-size version to retain the feeling of the model.
Studio Project #1: Ornament
from Jack Cheng
- In this process, we figure out the most beautiful and comfortable a...from Jack Cheng
- The Field of Centers analysis is a way of mapping out what has a st...from Jack Cheng
- The priority of circulation is another of those modern, convenience...from Jack Cheng
- traditional arch bridges were built by first having a wood framing ...from Ferd.ca
- In the lab or studio, the hardest question to answer is What shall ...from sarahendren.substack.com