Text inputs have no affordances
When I go up the mountain to ask the ChatGPT oracle a question, I am met with a blank face. What does this oracle know? How should I ask my question? And when it responds, it is endlessly confident. I can't tell whether or not it actually understand my question or where this information came from.
Good tools make it clear how they should be used. And more importantly, how they should not be used.
Why Chatbots Are Not the Future
- What would it look like if we could ask, "how do I make this t...from John Cutler from The Beautiful Mess
- When you’re a new leader, your model won’t have much data to go on....from James Stanier
- If machines were designed to be more personal, we’d have very diffe...from chrbutler.com
- The upshot for the industry at large, is: the **LLM-as-Moat model h...from Steve Yegge
- discipline doesn’t scale, and if you want people to use good practi...from Fernando Borretti
- We don't quite know what to do with language models yet. But we...from Maggie Appleton
- These are wonderful non-chat interfaces for LLMs that I would total...from Maggie Appleton
- Maybe the devices that we ended up with are too flat, too homogenou...from Kyle Chayka