Unlike simple machines, which cannot be copyrighted, software is automatically copyrighted by the creator and when it is licensed, the licensee cannot continue to use the software without obeying the terms of the license agreement. This allows for a flourishing software licensing market that works exactly as intended, no patents necessary.
Why Software Patents are Bad, Period.
from Why Software Patents are Bad, Period.
- **Ag-gag** laws are anti-[whistleblower](https://en.wikipedia.org/w...from Matt McGrath
- Dependencies (coupling) is an important concern to address, but it&...from kbouck
- By replacing integration tests with unit tests, we're losing al...from Computer Things
- I propose that there is one problem chief among them, an impetus fo...from George Hosu
- When software -- or idea-ware for that matter -- fails to be access...from gist.github.com
- Any software is considered free software so long as it upholds the ...from writefreesoftware.org
- Nathan's four Laws of Software: 1. **Software is a gas** ...from Jeff Atwood
- > Any sufficiently complicated [C](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki...from From Wikipedia, the free