Rigid adherence to any prioritization model, even one that’s conceptually correct like mine that prioritized the company and team first, will often lead to the right list of priorities but a team that’s got too little energy to make forward progress. It’s not only reasonable to violate perfectly correct priorities to energize yourself and your team, modestly violating priorities to energize your team in pursuit of a broader goal is an open leadership secret. Leadership is getting to the correct place quickly, it’s not necessarily about walking in the straightest line.
Manage your priorities and energy.
from Irrational Exuberance
- A great framework for delegating work or encouraging a team member ...from Ken Britton
- We're talking about a guy who in all seriousness has said on ma...from gist.github.com
- I designed the RAMBO Model as a simple framework to lead a great en...from thecodecompany.com
- These constraints create better decisions both because constraints ...from Irrational Exuberance
- In 2023, our universe has shifted. There’s little hiring happening,...from Irrational Exuberance
- THE PRIORITIZATION MATRIX All of the projects and activities on yo...from review.firstround.com
- When you run into a complex problem, slow down to bring many differ...from Irrational Exuberance
- There’s no status website to check your relationship with other par...from Irrational Exuberance