Direct manipulation of data - something like sketch pad - where you're drawing pictures dynamically, adding constraints to those pictures, directly manipulating the data.
Structures instead of writing instructions for the program. Programming using goals and constraints things like sketch pad's constraints planner and Prolog regular expressions - other types of pattern matching where you're telling the computer what you want to do and the computer itself has solvers that figure out how to do that.
spatial representation of information. We're not going to have text files anymore we're going to be representing information spatially because we have video displays.
And fundamentally parallel ways of thinking, parallel hardware, parallel program models no more threads and locks. No more sequential thinking. The future from 1973
youtube.com | Bret Victor The Future of ProgrammingJosh Beckman
- the smaller the interface, is the more useful it is [[See also deep...from The Go Programming Language
- errors are values The Go Programming Language | Gopherfest 2015 | ...from The Go Programming Language
- don't communicate by sharing memory share memory by communicat...from The Go Programming Language
- Pike's rules 1 and 2 restate Tony Hoare's famous maxim &quo...from University of Texas in Austin
- Entity: An entity represents a general-purpose object. In a game en...from en.wikipedia.org
- Windows 95 was 30MB. Today we have web pages heavier than that! Win...from Nikita Prokopov
- When we build systems that avoid coordinating, we end up building c...from firstname.lastname@example.org (Marc Brooker)
- The issue is that when you compress something, you need to add meta...from Jake Lazaroff